A BALANCE OF PASSION AND VISION FOR OUR LITTLE HEARTS
Inquire about our CKC Registered PurebredYorkies
2020: I AM NOT ACCEPTING ANY MORE DEPOSITS . IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WAIT FOR YOUR PUPPY UNTIL MID TO LATE 2021,YOU MAY STILL SEND IN YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE. FORM BELOW.
Your first step should be to visit the Canadian Kennel Club’s website (see our Partners page for a link). The site offers many tips to be sure you are picking your perfect breed that will fit to your lifestyle and desires in a pet.
*PLEASE NOTE* If you work away from home more than part-time, I will not place a young puppy with you. They need your presence to watch over them for the better part of the day, and a lunch-hour doesn’t do it. Pups over 8 months old can be home alone longer.
Also if you have pre-teen children (or grandchildren who are often in your home) this tiny breed may not be your best choice for a family pet. Yorkies usually don’t trust or enjoy the company of young children. It’s not the personality of your child(ren), it’s their instinct not to trust them. HOWEVER, each yorkie is an individual and each family too, so there are exceptions.
Whether you’re looking for a companion pet or a show dog, you are required to fill out a confidential questionnaire. Your questionnaire will not be shared with anyone. We will contact you with detailed information shortly thereafter.
The Yorkshire Terrier is in the top Toy breeds for popularity the past two decades now. It is completely normal to have a deposit in place waiting for the next available pup with the reputable breeders across Canada. While occasionally we may have a pup ready to go, you need to start your search at least 4-6 months ahead of your desired timeline. Here, I don’t like to see folks wait longer than a few months so if I know I won’t have puppies available within about six months, I simply will tell you. Adults are rarely available, older pups not too often but indeed ask if that is your main interest.
IF YOU’VE DONE YOUR HOMEWORK CORRECTLY, YOU WILL ALREADY KNOW:
- The official Breed Standard only truly allows for specific colouring and where those should be on the dog. Yorkies should have darker coloured (black or blue) body and a lighter head and legs (shades of gold, light tan, cream). NO spots or SOLID colours. With breed colouring CLEARLY bred since the mid 1880’s, any other colours or patterns should be highly questionable about the true heritage of a dog’s genepool. Don’t be fooled into paying high prices for what is not ever been part of the genepool since accepted as a registerable breed!
- There is no such thing as a “teacup” or “mini, micro,” as the Yorkie is simply classified under the TOY group in N. America. They are classified in the TERRIER group in many countries and at heart, are indeed brave spirited Terriers. Most Terrier breeds are recognized only by the two-color markings of dark body colour and light head & leg colour.
- They shouldn’t have a head like a Chihuahua (baby-doll face) or a completely shortened muzzle that interferes with breathing and changes overall look of a cute, short muzzled toy terrier dog. In my opinion, some of those so-called purebreds are imported from countries where (likely) living/nutrition/breeding conditions are set up for dwarfed or stunted growth of a terrier type toy dog. This is only thriving because of uneducated prospective buyers. Confirm your breeder is a CKC member in good standing by calling the CKC to check.
Your relationship with the breeder is very important for future support. Please insist on visiting any breeder of your potential new family member. You should be able to meet all the dogs and pups they have in their home to know where and how they are raised.
By coming here you will see in person our dedication to this breed. We health test our dogs before breeding giving you a trustworthy guarantee of a quality, healthy, happy pup. Your new family member will come from a pedigree full of champions, which speaks to their overall genetic health, correct temperament, and quality as a pure breed. Your pup will be raised in our home with much consideration given to proper nutrition, socialization, and a stimulated learning environment. YOUR PUPPY COMES WITH:
- CKC registration.
- Health guarantee to age two
- Health record showing vet check, micro-chipped and vaccines up-to-date
- Six weeks free health insurance
- Detailed information booklet for puppy care & training
- Lifelong FRIENDLY EDUCATED support is here for you
- Pets are always sold on non-breeding contracts